Saturday, July 30, 2005

Galveston offshore 7-30-05


26lb SOW Snapper

We (my fiancé, my best man and my self) left Tiki Island at 6:00 on our way to the first stop about 50 miles from the jetties. Got there at about 9:00. Put three keeper snapper in the box but the place turned into a parking lot so we took off for a spot that’s a little more secluded. We caught some nice fish here and managed to boat a nice sow (just under 24lbs) but things turned off after about an hour or so. We moved east and marked a lot of fish on the sounder but couldn’t catch anything so we moved on to the northeast directly into the biggest 2ft or less seas I’ve seen in a long time. When we got to our spot we were all soaked. Krissy caught the last three snapper that we needed for our limit and Jeff caught a nice king. On the way home we stopped at the east rigs and finished off a nice limit of kings. The biggest bottomed out my 30lb scale.

I think that I might need to take a lesson from 2cooler Mike Trautwein. We worked our butt’s off for a limit of snapper. Left early and got home late. Mike leaves after lunch with six guys (three that haven’t snapper fished before) and kicks tail. See post http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=28484


Jeff with the catch. He loves to catch the big kings.


Me with my favorite fishing buddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home